Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shadow Meal

I have been devouring books lately.

I have questions about a lot of things. One of the topics I have questions about is the Lord's Supper. It doesn't seem like many other people have questions about this. I don't remember it ever coming up in conversation with anyone else. But I'm certain there are meanings there that are yet undiscovered for me. I've thought that for a couple of years now.

When I went to Southern California to visit I met up with the Director of the Fuller Campus I attended. We had a GREAT conversation! I had brought him a gift and he did not want me to walk away empty handed. As we were saying goodbye he remembered that he had one more copy of a book he had recently published. Shadow Meal by Mike McNichols. We're friends on facebook. I noticed when this book was published. I hadn't purchased it yet. I was grateful to receive it.

Turns out he has had some of the same questions that I have had. He had taken time to really think through them and make observations about them. It was comforting to know I'm not the only one that things about these things.

I shed a few tears and laughed outloud many times. I get his sense of humor.

So if you have quesitons about the Lord's Supper and the living it our part, don't hesitate to check it out on amazon. If you live close by... as always you are welcome to borrow my copy.

No comments: