Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Heaven

Whew! We made it to January 1st.

While I was thinking back on everything that has happened between my last post on December 15th and today my head started to spin.

I'm very grateful that I can honestly say that most of what has taken place this last two weeks has been really enjoyable. Its a little overwhelming to think of all the people who didn't enjoy this Christmas season for whatever reason. Another example of life is not fair.

From someone, I heard that there is a church offering a "Blue Christmas Service" for those who find themselves grieving this Christmas and unable to enjoy the traditional Holly Jolly Christmas.

For various reasons, I've been thinking a lot about heaven during Christmas. In addition to other things, I've been looking forward to there being physical substance and attributes associated with God. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled we can sense God's presence here with us now. But I'm looking forward to more.

And even at my young age there's also a list of people I miss and look forward to being with again. Oh the things my Granddaddy and I are going to have to talk about!

Just think

no more sorrow
no more hidden agendas
no more sickness
no more hatred
no more selfishness
no more pride
no more death
no more damage

the presence of God
the beauty
the sounds, the sights, the smells
the things to do
the ways to be
the variety of souls
the...

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

it will be amazing, won't it? I can't wait, can you?