Saturday, December 13, 2008

Things I thought...

... I would never do:

blog

climb a 14,000+ ft peak (fourteeners in Colorado speak)

be cross-cultural here in America

break a compulsive TV habit

survive parenting a toddler

Those are a few things that come immediately to mind. The reasons I thought I wouldn't do them are very different. It's funny to me how irrelevant the reasons are now. They seemed so legitmate at the time. It's also intriguing to think about what changed my perspectives. There is a common theme in that. They were all changed by my relationship with the Lord.

I've been wondering something this morning, "What do I currently expect I will never do, but someday, because of God, will do?" Life being an adventure matters to me so I hope it turns out to be a long list!

No comments: