Thursday, January 07, 2010

Watching and Waiting

I have a prayer request.

I start working again as an accountant in February. I'll be working Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I'll be preparing tax returns. I'll be back at Owen's office. It's definetly one of my second homes. I worked for Owen for six years or so before I started my journey into seminary and beyond.

I'm very grateful for the income. We are in need of it. I'm very grateful that my skills as an accountant will help provide for our needs. Owen understands that I'm skilled as an accountant but that its not my first love. That gives me flexibilty that not all accounting offices would provide. A blessing indeed!

My prayer request is that I'll know what do do after tax season is over. Its our belief, at this point, that I need to continue generating a stream of income. Do I see about staying on at Owen's office? Do I look for a ministry that needs an accoutant cause that's what gets me in the door? Do I get my CPA license back? I let it go when I entered seminary. Am I waiting and watching for a surprise that's beyond my ability to imagine?

I plan to take one day at a time and to watch and pray. One of my prayers is that I wont panic and do something rebellious and controlling. I'm learning to get more comfortable with the idea that my story really only makes sense to God. I have pretty crazy resume of life experiences at this point. As do so many of us.

I like knowing that time will march on. Someday I'll be able to write a post about the answer to this period of watching and praying. I like this season of gratitude that I have been in. My heart is truly in the most trusting place it has ever known.

What are you watching and waiting for in prayer? God bless us all.

3 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Ich liebe dich!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Cheri said...

Actually knew what you said without going to babel fish.

You'll have to teach me how to say it when your here.

Ich liebe dich!

Cheri