Friday, March 18, 2011

An Ignatian Prayer that has blessed me

Eternal Lord and King of all creation, humbly I come before you. I am moved by your grace and offer myself to you and to your work. I deeply desire to be with you accepting all wrongs and rejections and all poverty, both actual and spiritual-- I deliberately choose this, if it is for your greater service and praise.

Lord Jesus,
Help me to know you, to love you, to follow you
Help alleviate my fears and fan the embers of trust within me
Give me the strength to say yes to your invitations
the courage to continue my journey with you
Remind me that you are
the Way
the Truth
the Life
and apart from you there is no life
but with you
and you alone
is fullness of life,
everlasting.

Amen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this. Thank you for sharing it.