Saturday, January 21, 2017

Flourish


Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit. From Jeremiah 17


A small group of people, myself included, are reading through Flourish: Live Loved. Live Fearless. Live Free by Margret Feinburg together. It's a one year journey.



This week I re-read week one and stopped when I came to the verses from Jeremiah.  The phrase "whose confidence is in him" leaped off the page. As I continued to read, a beautiful image of of a flourishing tree appeared. I pondered the words and the image, I was stunned. I think God and I have agreed to something, I want to be a flourishing tree and He likes creating those kinds of trees. (A match made in heaven! 😆) It felt marvelous to agree with God!


My confidence in God is filling me with hope, extraordinary hope. The heat will return. When it does, I want my tap roots to be strong and drawing life from the stream of living water.

What do you want in 2017? What longing lives in your soul? What is it that you and God can wholeheartedly agree on together?











No comments: