Friday, March 02, 2007

Marvelous

I marvel at the body of Christ. I marvel at the life giving blessings that God has for us when we committ to being in relationship with one another.

One of our pastors recently did a message on how we need to have a mentor, a sister at a similar place and someone we are being called to mentor in our lives. I was blessed today to relflect on the mentors I have in my life right now and the mentors of younger days. I am blessed by amazing sisters in the Lord and a few great brothers too. I am blessed to be a mentor.

I am in awe of how the Lord has orchestrated bringing each of those relationships into my life. What an awesome God we serve!

Its something I don't ever want to take for granted.

I also love that in these different relationships that I move back and forth between being taught and being the teacher. There is nothing more precious to me in human relationships then the communion with another person over a shared awareness of the presence of God.

Dear Lord,

Thank you giving us what we need to grow in the grace and knowledge of you. Thank you for insisting that one of the things we need is realationship with each other. May we be willing to be used by you as you see fit. May we feel connected with other believers as we face a broken and hurting world who needs to find You. May our relationships with each other be a testimony to those who are lost and not yet found.

Amen

No comments: