Sunday, November 04, 2007

changed. and desperate.

These are the titles of a couple of new songs that came my way via a friend this week...

some lyrics in changed.

You have changed the way i do everything
You have changed the way i wear my wedding ring
You have changed the way i treat my family
You have changed the way i see my friends
You have changed the way i spend my time
You have changed the way i use my mind
You have changed the things i spend my money on
You have changed everything i ever thought was mine
You have changed my emotions, you have steadied me
You have changed my eyes and what I let them see
You have changed the course of my history
thank God, You're still changing me!


some lyrics of desperate.

Lord, i thank you for this rain
healing waters when there's pain
there are rivers of Your providence
surrounding our obedience
in Your faithfulness, i put my faith
so Lord, i thank you for this rain
and i will always choose to praise you

music and lyrics by phil joel and dale evrist
the deliberatePeople

I love it when God drops the perfect song or album into my week. I wonder if song writers really understand how much God uses them?

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

I wish I could write as well as you do. Love your thoughts, well done.