Thursday, February 18, 2010

Praying for Teens

I was given a prayer journal for the Lent season a few months back. I didn't think to pick it up yesterday. But I noticed it on my desk this afternoon.

I enjoyed reading the verses presented and the devotional thoughts. I prayed about the suggested items at the bottom of the page. But it was the right hand column that really stood out to me.

"Let your sons in their youth be as grown-up plants, and our daughters as corner pillars fashioned as for a palace... How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord! Psalm 144:12,15

For people in their teens to radically commit their lives to Christ; to make wise choices; for older mentors; for solid friendships with their peers who are following Jesus; for open communication with parents; for God's intentions for their generation to come forth in fullest measure.

Pray for people in their teens. Envision them following Christ five or ten years from now." pg. 7 - Seek God for the City 2010

I especially liked envisioning our son 5 and 10 years down the road. 22 and 27 - Oh my! We've been amazed so far by the grace that God has poured into Matt's life and the amount of it that has been received and not rejected.

It's not difficult to think of a long list of other students to pray for too. You know who you are! A joy to pray for them.

If you haven't ever read Matt's blog or haven't "stopped by" lately I think it will be an encouragement to you. Click on the link called Mr. Matt. It's on the right side of my blog.

If you've prayed for our boy, mentored him, told him a Bible story or shared with him why your confident in God... You are one of my favorite people on the planet!!!!

No comments: