Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Refreshment

Yes, I was on a break. I didn't really know I was going to take a break until I just did it.

Weeks ago I was very weary. There were many things contributing to that. Some self imposed and others are related to how I spend my time investing in other people.

I found myself, giving myself, the kind of advice that I either want to give to pastors or do give to pastors.

The normal routes of becoming refreshed in everyday life just weren't having the same affect/effect. (I never know which one to use. Please feel free to enlighten me in a comment. :) )

I am very happy to report spending a week with the Lord, my family and some great friends has done a great deal to bring refreshment. We were in a gorgeous area and home in Southern Colorado. I can't explain it. Unless you have a place that does the same thing for you, you probably wouldn't understand it. But being in the mountains, it changes me.

When I got back home I wasn't really ready to get back into the swing of things. There are some "get it done around the house" stuff that I wanted to do. That gave me some more time "away".

We were blessed with a couple of significant provisions in the last couple of weeks as well. I am still on the look for a job that fits. But the need is no longer immediate. We are watching, waiting and praying.

We totaled our car on vacation. Deer ran in front of us at 75 miles per hour. It was not our day to "go home" or get seriously injured. That is taking some time to process. We were provided with another deal on another very good and dependable car in six months time. We bought the Nissan back in December. Really big deal kinda of things to be thankful for there.

Books I read while I was "off".

Bo's Cafe
Reckless Faith - Let Go and Be Led
Reconstructing Natalie

All good for my soul in different ways.

So, now it's time to get back to work and to continue praising God for the break that I really did need.

No comments: