Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cliff Diving

I am standing on a cliff. I've been invited to jump. I've been provided a parachute pack in order to accomplish a safe cliff dive. The pack is full of the knowledge and heart of God.

The questions are: Do I believe that the contents of the pack are true and trustworthy? Do I believe it is a good decision to jump? Do I believe that jumping is really my only way of knowing whether or not what's in the pack is true? Do I believe the pack creator and designer has provided me with all I need to survive even soar next to this particular cliff? Do I believe...?

I bow at the edge of the cliff and I sing words from my new favorite song.

Falling on my knees in worship
giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

my whole life I place in your hands
God of mercy humble I bow down
in your presence at your throne

By God's grace and only because of His grace, I believe. I stand. I jump.


Is there a cliff God is inviting you to the edge of?

2 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Hey Sweetie,
Just here on the other end...
Falling into God is amazing.

Joye said...

He brings us to the edge of a cliff every day. And asks, "Will you trust Me?"