Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I like HOPE

Thoughts

I wish the best way to learn to trust God wasn't in the midst of circumstances that are out of my control.

I wish God wasn't so willing to be an excellent Father and was more on board with spoiling me rotten.

I wish that the illusion of being in control of my life didn't run so deeply in me.

I wish bringing joy to one group of people didn't mean bringing a little sadness to another group of people.


I'm glad God does what is best for me even when I don't like it.

I'm glad that when I question my decisions that I can be confident that if they were not made in rebellion that He will redirect me and work it all out.

I'm glad prayer works.

I'm glad I had to memorize an outline for Ecclesiastes last week. Timely.

I'm glad my family continues to get closer.


Lamentations 3:21-26

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.


Dear God,

Thanks for bringing me back to hope. I like hope.

Waiting as quietly as I know how,
Cheri

No comments: