Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bring honor to whom honor is due

I went to the funeral of an old friend today.

I was blessed to be there remembering him with so many old friends.

There is sadness for our loss. No more new memories are coming our way. We have to be content with the old ones. At least till we cross over into eternity.

There is joy and hope that is so much bigger than the sadness. It so great to be a Christian.

For those who spent time with him daily and weekly I'll pray for them that the transition to a different life without his daily and weekly presence will go as smoothly as it possibly can.

A funeral of a friend that you respected and believe lived well, really is a great opportunity to do a priority check.

Just before going to the funeral, I told a friend that I believe that a life well lived is one where you have loved God and you have loved people. I really hope that sticks with me as I prayerfully consider the priorities of each day.

No comments: