Sunday, October 29, 2006

My friend Susan

My friend Susan has been dealing with cancer for a year and a half or so. God has the ability to heal her still today. But if he does not her hours here on earth are short. Susan has been a mentor to me. She's one of those rare people who wants to dive right into exploring where you are in your walk with the Lord. She wants to really know how you are.

I have felt sad for a while now about Susan's illness and all that it will mean for those she loves. If God does not heal her and allow her to remain here with us her hours on earth are very short. Today, I am not just sad. I am grieving. While I'm grateful to report I am not experiencing despair because I know where she is going and that God will be faithful to those she leaves behind, I am feeling the pain of loss. I've already lost the ability to call her or visit her. It's no longer reasonable to look forward to a dinner that's just the four of us. I've lost the access to all the lessons she's learned about God's goodness.

Susan was called by God to be a prayer warrior on my behalf. I doubt based on what I've been told she has the ablitity to be involved in that calling any longer. I don't know what to believe about whether she will have the ability to petition God on my behalf once He takes her home. If she cannot, I hope he provides someone else just as faithful as Susan. Most of all I hope I have learned from her example to be faithful in prayer for others.

1 comment:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

I am sorry for your loss. I am sad for those that are grieving. I will pray extra pourings of God's grace. He has a way of doing that when we are in a fog.
I am so thankful that the angels cry out in joy at her arrival.