Thursday, October 26, 2006

One of my best titles: Matt's Mom

Today I have a fourteen year old son. Wow!

I'm in a class this quarter that is wrestling with texts about women in leadership and one of the hardest texts for this room to understand is 1 Timothy 2:15 - Yet she (women) will be saved through childbearing...

Most people in this room are male or women who haven't yet given birth to a child. There are a many many verses in Scripture that even after long periods of study I would be clueless about but this one I think I get at least one perspective on. Nothing puts a woman on her knees faster then endless nights of too little sleep or lonliness from lack of adult interaction. In particular there was the series of two week periods, when Matt was three, that he was certain that I wasn't sure about the meaning of "n" ,"o", no!

I prayed and asked God how to teach Matt and ideas would come and they would work. I prayed and asked God for wisdom about school and we saw God's hand every year. Having a child has been the motivation for wanting a prayer life that actually stuck.

We're proud of our son Matt. He has a tender heart like his Mom. He has a sharp mind like his Dad. He has boundless Matt energy that could only come from God. He is quick with a smile and desires relationship with the body of Christ and our Heavenly Father. What a blessing!

Dear Lord,

Thank you God for transforming parts of my heart to be more like your heart through my relationship with Matt. He has indeed been a part of the working out of my salvation.

Thank you for giving us Matt. May you bless him and keep him. May you make your face to shine upon him and grant him your peace. Now and forevermore. Amen

1 comment:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Lord,
I join my friend in this prayer for Matt.