Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What will you and I choose?

When I was talking with a friend today I realized how much I want people that I love to experience what I have been recently coming to believe. God loves me. God has buckets and buckets of patience with me. But it is also true that God will not be mocked. God will not allow rebellion in his children to go on unendingly without consequences. I don't mean just natural consequences. I mean God gets involved in teaching you a lesson consequences. If your a parent and you live in a household that is at all like mine you walk this tight rope all the time. When is it wise to let circumstances in relationships or activities to be the teacher? When do you have to force an end to destructive behavior? Who can know the mind of God on this one? From my perspective there seems to be no consistent pattern on God's part. But I am attempting to believe that God does know when to let us suffer natural consequences and when to stop us in our tracks.

Has God been whispering in your ear showing you the natural consequences of rebellion? Do you see it and continue to choose what is unholy? Do you believe that God will get more serious about convincing you are on the wrong path in an area of your life? Do you feel out of control and helpless yet? Yes? Good! Then you still have time to fall on your face before God repent and humble yourself before Him. If you make this choice you will be rescued from destruction.

Or has God already orchestrated events that have forced you to stop what your doing? If He has your still faced with a choice? Even now you can choose not to submit yourself to Him. But oh my, my, my if you do submit. You will see miracles in your life you don't even believe is possible. You can be redeemed from absolutely anything by God's hand. You can be healed. You can be used for God's glory no matter what you've done. You can be full of hope. You can be full of joy. You can know the truth and the truth will set you free.

So what are you going to choose? Are you going to submit yourself to God? Are you going to die to yourself? Are you going to abide, remain in, hang out with, think with, love with Christ? Or are you just going to check in when it gets to tough to do it on your own. When are we going to wake up? When are we going to bow down low in worship?

Do I sound angry? Well I am. I'm angry that our flesh leads us to selfishness every single moment it gets a chance. I'm angry that the evil one is smart enough to trick us. I'm angry my son is growing up in a world that is overflowing with selfishness and pain in every direction.

I wish more people in my life were saying I have to learn to submit myself to God or I'm going to be in serious trouble. I wish more people say obeying God as a priveledge rather then a scary uninviting chore.

I wish God wasn't so in love with the idea of letting us choose between ourselves and Him.

I'm tired of people believing their playing a game of Sorry and it ends up being Russian Roulette.

I'm tired of caring about people and then having to deal with the pain of watching them self destruct.

I don't understand how God has done that for generation upon generation of people!!!!!

Dear God,

I am in awe of your patience, wisdom and self-restraining power. I am thankful that you call on us to submit to you. I'm thankful you go out of your way to teach us you are worthy to be obeyed. I am grateful you are good. I'm grateful your goodness is never ending. Lord forgive us for taking advantage of you. Please keep calling us into your presence. Lord renew our hearts and our minds. Help us to accept your love and forgiveness. Help us to cry out to you day and night. Help us to trust you with all things and in all your ways. Teach us to be true worshipers of you.

There is more in my heart then I can express in words may your Spirit take over and speak on my behalf.

Amen and Amen

No comments: